Skip to main content

...What?

What indeed.

So, this blog is my third now. My first was "Queer Girl, Straight Hair." Interestingly enough, I was/had neither of those. Once I realized I was, in fact, genderfluid and really would rather be called a boy, I looked for a new name. That brought me to "Quill and Shield" on Wordpress. For its short four posts, it had a drastically different tone.

QGSH had drifted to recaps of events I went to more than what I really wanted to talk about. And while I had fun going to those events and it gave me a real excuse to do so, it wasn't extremely helpful. Quill and Shield 1.0 had all feelings posts, things about my bucket list and the goings-on of a closeted questioning high school senior. Both of those are private now, so don't bother trying to find them.

I got busy, I didn't find it a good coping mechanism anymore, and I drifted away from that blog. Fell out of a routine.

That brings us to today. It's two and a half years later, and I really want to get back into this. My last post went over a senior bucket list that I accomplished...most of, I guess, but it was disappointing. I didn't get to do one of the items (a trip to Salem) until just last year, and I still haven't been to the Garden in the Woods.

Summer is coming, and fast. Here's where I'm at with my bucket list and what's going on in my life.

Personally, I'm a 19-year old that really likes writing, cosplay, dumb jokes, and movies. I'm transmasculine and going through my second puberty, which is the worst. And totally worth it. I am also in a relationship with someone I love very much, and I'll give them the code name Atlas. It's also an open relationship, so if you see me yelling over a generic crush, don't worry.

I am an education major, staying on campus over the summer so that I don't have to stay cooped up at home all summer. I'd love to visit, but there's no way I can stand being stranded all summer without a car of my own. Plus, I have friends staying here this summer. More personally, my partner is living here this summer. I get to actually spend time with people that I love and want to see.

So, without further ado...

Summer 2019 bucket list:

  1. Convention with friends
  2. Re-learn to ride my bike
  3. Meet some new people/join a new group
  4. Eat in the park downtown, picnic-style
  5. Drive-in theater
  6. Get a tattoo
  7. Get back into photography
  8. Visit the Garden in the Woods

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few Modules for Ten Candles

Well, that title's pretty straightforward. For those of you who don't know, Ten Candles is a tragic horror RPG (read: everyone dies) played by candlelight. It's set to play in one 2-3 hour session, plus time for character creation. Can't have your players getting attached, now can we? The universe is a sunless apocalypse. Ten days ago, the sun went dark. Five days ago, They came. People started disappearing, and Their only weakness is light. Exactly what They are depends on the session, because it can be entirely up to the player on the GM's right. I recently got the playbook and I've been gearing up to play this system for a year now. Thing is, the playbook directly says not to prepare anything as a GM. Your players are going to derail it anyway, so what's the point? All you should do is prepare a module, something to read when you start the character creation process. I'm hosting my first session this Saturday, using the "Artemis" mod

Semester Survival (Part 1)

I'm alive! And a junior in college! Gross! A short list of my responsibilities this semester include classes (of course), a part-time job, a work study job, and presidency of a radio club. Less formal responsibilities include joining journalism club as part of a deal with a friend, figuring out when and how and where I'm going to study abroad, and figuring out a possible relationship. This past week has been a whirlwind of appointment after errand after appointment. I spent all of my counseling hour venting about how busy I was, and that was at the beginning of the week. For any freshmen reading this and stressing about the future of their college careers, you might not have to worry as much. I'm overly ambitious (see: a certificate and two minors), and it's the beginning of semester rush. I can already see that my schedule will lighten up soon. However, I'll always be busy. Tack a short attention span and mental illness on and that's a